"emergency visit"

About: Blackpool Victoria Hospital

on september 15th (evening) I had an eye bleed and contacted 111 who referred me to A and E dept where it was looked at and told to go home and I would be contacted the next morning by the eye dept for an emergency appointment. I was contacted as promised and went immediately to the clinic where I recieved immediate treatment. A brilliant thorough examination by the Doctor after which I was given a seven day follow up appointment. On both occasions I was treated with the utmost patience and care and cannot speak too highly of the staff.

Response from Andrew Heath, Lead in Patient Experience & Engagement, Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for leaving feedback about the care and treatment you received during your visit to Blackpool Teaching Hospitals.

We are always working to improve the services that we offer and positive feedback is an important way that we can measure this. The attitude and approach of our staff is critical to delivering quality care and I am pleased to hear that the attention you received was indicative of this.

I will share this with members of the Emergency Department team and Ophthalmic who I am sure will be pleased to see this.

Thank you once more and I hope your recovery continues.

Andrew