"Sigmoid Colon Cancer: Laparoscopic Anterior..."

About: Queen Alexandra Hospital

The team are brilliant. Went in for laparascopic anterior resection to remove a colon cancer tumour at QA. I was expecting to be in for five days but in the event only spent 3 nights in hospital. Went in for surgery on a Thursday and was back at home up and walking on Sunday afternoon. Pain control was excellent. To put it in perspective it was less painful than a minor muscle sprain I did just before the operation (nothing to do with the cancer). The nursing staff in the high care unit were really professional and incredibly hard working as were the staff on the colorectal ward that I was transferred to later. I can't thank the medical staff enough for their help. They were fantastic!

Response from Debra Johns, Patient Experience Officer, Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Andrew

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your positive feedback about your experience. I was glad to note that everything went well and would like to take this opportunity to wish you well for the future.

Please be assured that your comments have been shared with the Teams involved. Should you ever need to share your views with us direct, good or bad, then please contact our PALS Team on PHT.PALS@porthosp.nhs.uk who will be happy to help and advise.

Kind regards.

Debbie

Response from Queen Alexandra Hospital

Dear Mr Gould

Please be assured that your comments have been shared with the Teams involved.

Kind regards.