"Great experience would choose pinderfields again"

About: Pinderfields General Hospital

I recently gave birth at pinderfields and had a great experience. I didn't come across one midwife or doctor who wasn't great, they were all incredibly kind and I felt 100% safe in their hands. This was my first baby and ended up in a 42 hour labour with forceps but the staff made me feel comfortable and reassured even though they were very busy and I was the last to be admitted that night before they closed. As soon as I got to triage I was quickly examined then taken to a labour room within the hour, it was one of my biggest concerns that id be left huffing and puffing in triage for hours rather than having my own privacy but I need not have worried. After labouring for 32 hours before getting to hospital I decided I would like an epidural in order to get some rest, the midwifes backed this decision and arranged for it to be done almost straight away. Again I'd worried that I could be left hours before an anaesthetist got to me given how busy it was but they were ready within 20 minutes. A student performed the forceps delivery but she was great and there was a consultant over seeing at all times. After the birth the midwifes spent time helping me get the hang of breast feeding, I didn't feel like they had no time for me for a second. Through out the labour they made sure my baby was monitored every 30 minutes without fail. My only regret is that I didn't get chance to thank the midwifes that were there for the delivery before they ended their shift because of the ward being busy.

Response from Pinderfields General Hospital

Thank you very much indeed for these kind comments. We offer our congratulations on your new arrival and send you our very best wishes.