"A most difficult time"

About: Ayrshire Hospice Ballochmyle Medical Group

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

The time following the death of our Dad has been a most difficult time for all of us, but we remain a strong, supportive family and are there for each other. There are most certainly waves of emotion, mainly of acute sadness and lots of tears, but no guilt, anxiety or anger, as we feel we did as much as we could....we made a promise to each other that there would be no regrets.

The family appreciate all the support given from the Ayrshire Hospice, both by staff working behind the scenes as well as front line staff, in particular the assistance of Tracy Flynn. All staff at the Ballochmyle Medical Group were magnificent in their efforts to help us all too.

Response from Shona Hynd, Clinical Services Director, Ayrshire Hospice

Thank you for sharing your experience on Care Opinion. I'm sorry to hear of your dad's death and I'm glad that you have a strong and supportive family who are there for each other.

All employed and voluntary staff, either front line or behind the scenes at the Ayrshire Hospice are so important. Only through good team work can we make each day matter for patients and their families. I'll pass on your appreciation to Tracy.

In the meantime if we can offer any further support from our Family Care Team please get in touch.

Take Care

Shona Hynd

Clinical Services Director

Dear Kirmq64,

I too would like to say how sorry I am to hear of your fathers' death and I hope you and your family are as well as possible so soon after such a difficult time. I will pass this on to the Ballochmyle Medical Group so they can benefit from your kind words. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about this particularly at such a sad time.

Best wishes,