"just like the good old days"

About: East Surrey Hospital

After a bad fall and slicing my hand open I ended up at the East Surrey A&E.

I was seen quite quickly, assessed, sent for a precautionary X-ray and a decision was made to my treatment. I was advised of everything to be expected and was quickly and professionally treated. My injuries are now healing nicely and I have confidence that even with the financial constraints and pressure the staff are under their compassion and dedication are just like they were many many years ago...

Happy to say thank you and in the best possible way I hope not to see you again...but if I do I am sure I will be in good hands.

Dear Les M

Thank you for posting your story about your recent fall and subsequent treatment in A&E At East Surrey Hospital.

It's good to read that you felt so well looked after by the team and I'm sure the compassion and dedication of the team remains as good as it always has been, if not even more so.

Best wishes

Ian

Response from Cathy White, Patient Experience Lead, Patient Experience Team, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Les M,

Thank you for your review, I will pass on your appreciation to our staff in the emergency department. They will be pleased to hear such positive feedback about your experience of being treated after you hand injury.

I hope you are feeling better and your hand is on the mend.

Best wishes