"Pop over to Upton walk in centre for help and..."

I have just got home after trying to get treatment from the Upton walk in centre. I walked in with my daughter because I had cut my finger because it got trapped under a block paving brick. I was refused to be seen because it need a X-ray. I replied I can move my finger fine there is no pain but it keeps bleeding as its cut by 1 cm. I told them I can move my finger fine and wiggled it to show the member of staff, but they still refused, saying go and get it X-ray d.

At this point I felt that the member of staff was insulting my intellect and therefore asked if I could speak to someone else, to which they refused. I asked to make a complaint which the member of staff issued a telephone number for there reception (them self in other words).

I asked for their name, to which they refused and hid their name tag from my vision.

This was all witnessed by a reception full of patients, is this the way to deal with someone who attends a health centre for help is dealt with.

Anyway I left with my daughter and attended the hospital, who refused to X-ray me. 2 hours after leaving my house I am at square one. I'm back home now and have started my phone complaint, and all of a sudden the walk in centre are happy to see me tomorrow morning.

The other receptionist was helpful and did say I should get it X-ray but as I was explaining to them the other member of staff rudely interrupted. If the member of staff had kept quiet I believe I would have received treatment. What happens to out tax bill payment every year as it just gets worse!!! This is the only such facility for miles, I myself travelled from Maidenhead and have had more than 1 bad experience.

Response from Upton Hospital

Hello,

Thank you for your posting. I'm sorry that you had an unsatisfactory experience at the Walk In Centre. Staff should have enabled you to make a complaint and identification badges should always be visible. I will address this with senior staff. Please contact me directly so that we can discuss this in more detail. We can then provide you with a full response.

Yours Sincerely,