"Endoscopy -Position Experience from start to..."

About: Gosport War Memorial Hospital

Astonished by the reasonable car park charges.

Hospital was clean, with welcoming and friendly reception staff at Endoscopy.

Whole nursing team in Endoscopy were simply wonderful throughout. Warm, friendly and kind as they took time to explain each part of the procedure.

They were all encouraging and supportive during the endoscopy itself as they sensed my anxiety and sought to reassure.

The nurse practitioner left no stone unturned as they took biopsies to aid my diagnosis, and took time afterwards to carefully explain their preliminary report.

It was such a positive experience I have been moved to write to the Chief Executive of Portsmouth Hospitals Trust in praise of the whole appointment, procedure and staff.

I consider myself very fortunate to have such wonderful care all so close to hand, and I am under no illusion my National Insurance contributions probably have been a drop in the ocean for what I am currently receiving as I undergo the diagnosis process .

I cannot express my gratitude and thanks enough.

Response from Jane Tibble, Complaints and PALS Officer, Complaints and PALS, Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Caroline

Thank you for taking the time to write in and share your valuable feedback with us. I know your compliments will be a rewarding morale boost for the staff concerned.

The endoscopy unit is managed by Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust therefore your feedback has been forwarded to their PALS Team who can be contacted by e-mail at PHT.Pals@porthosp.nhs.uk or free phone on 0800 917 6039.

Jane Tibble

Customer Experience Advisor (Southern Health)

Response from Gosport War Memorial Hospital

Dear Caroline

Kind regards Jane Tibble Customer Experience Advisor (Southern Health)