"Hernia Op - elective surgery"

About: Royal Lancaster Infirmary

My hernia op was carried out at the RLI on 24/9/15 & from the minute I was greeted into the Surgical Admissions Unit to the minute of my discharge some 8 -9 hours later, I was treated with concern, dignity & respect by all nursing & medical staff throughout. All aspects of my treatment & what to expect during the day were explained to me clearly at all times.

Special thanks to a particular nurse in Admissions for their patience & kindness. The Anaesthetist & Surgeon showed me similar care & concern & involved me in the decision making process regarding my treatment throughout our discussion.

The theatre staff, Sister , SNs, Dr & 2 or 3 other nurses whose names I can't remember sorry, all treat me with dignity & respect & were supportive & comforting throughout.

The member of staff in Recovery was very caring & supportive also, and Nurse & other staff on Ward 35 showed me similar care & concern throughout my brief stay on their ward.

Response from Royal Lancaster Infirmary

Thank you Maureen for writing a comment on our services at the Royal Lancaster Infirmary. We have passed on your lovely comments to our staff in Surgery and on Ward 25. Thank you again for sharing your experiences and best wishes with your recovery!