"Very Positive Experience"

About: Cumberland Infirmary

I had to go into Aspen Ward over the August bank holiday weekend and have a scan and X ray before going for Surgery to have my gallbladder out.

The staff were wonderful, professional and friendly.

They knew exactly how to deal with each different patient in the room I was in (4 ladies of different ages with different ailments).

The food was surprisingly good.

I was especially impressed on two occasions when the meals were so nice that I would have been impressed if served to me in a restaurant.

The cleaning staff were so lovely, good at their job and a great moral booster!

Everyone gave the impression that they wanted to be there and loved their job.

No bad moral in the ward whatsoever!

I would go so far as to say I enjoyed my unplanned stay.

It was a positive experience and I wont forget how nice the staff were.

I had to go back in by ambulance a week after surgery with suspected PE and was taken to ambulatory care.

I forget the member of staffs name but they were so matter of fact and supportive that I felt in safe hands and was sent home with their help and some antibiotics for a chest infection, which has now cleared.

I had an X ray, heart trace and blood test and they kept me smiling.

What a lovely person! One to one care all the way through from arriving to being sent home.

I have heard so many complaints - I now believe that it must be the organisation rather than the individuals involved in the day to day running and dealing with patients.

Response from Cumberland Infirmary

I am delighted to read of your positive experience within the Cumberland Infirmary. It is lovely to hear you received good care by a number of staff. Aspen staff have a great team spirit and support each other and their patients very well. They take huge pride in in ensuring all their patients are cared for to a very high standard and this is reflected within both the patient and staff surveys the Trust completes.

I will pass your comments to the team and in addition share them with the Director of

Nursing & Midwifery who I know will be as pleased as I am.

I do hope you are continuing to recover well and thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

Best wishes

North Cumbria University Hospitals NHS Trust.