"Excellent and fast treatment"

About: Lincoln County Hospital / Accident and emergency

I suffered an "acute glaucoma attack" in my right eye in September last and could hardly see with that eye. Lincoln County Hospital A&E saw me quickly and referred me to the hospital's eye clinic. I was offered corrective laser surgery there and then; the treatment was quick, painless and saved the sight in my right eye. I was treated with professionalism, efficiency, compassion and urgency by the nurses and by ophthalmologist, Doctor Hassim. The words "thank you" are completely inadequate to express my gratitude towards the hospital's staff. I thank God they were there for me at that critical time in my life.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Grateful patient,

Thanks you for taking the time to post your comments which I am pleased to share with the A&E team.

Karen Hansord – A&E Sister

• Grateful Patient from Mablethorpe thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by Grateful Patient from Mablethorpe (the patient)

Thank you, Sister Hansord. Best wishes to all of you. Grateful Patient from Mablethorpe.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you very much for your kind words. It is always very rewarding and motivating to receive news of positive patient experiences.

I will ensure to pass on your gratitude to Ophthalmologist Dr Hashim.

Elaine Davis

Specialist Macular Nurse - Eye Clinic, Clinic 8

• Grateful Patient from Mablethorpe thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by Grateful Patient from Mablethorpe (the patient)

Dear Nurse Davis -

Sorry; I misspelled Dr. Hashim's name, but you knew who I meant! Kind regards to all. Grateful Patient from Mablethorpe.