"Pre-Operative Assessmnet Unit"

About: Burnley General Hospital

Attended the Pre-Operative Assessment Unit (POAU) at Burnley General Hopsital.

A quiet backwater without the glamour and drama of casualty but a very important unit, nonetheless.

Staff were warm and welcoming – in fact they remembered me from two years ago – and the nurses did their jobs calmly and diligently.

Thought that it was about time that someone recognised their contribution as ‘unsung heroes’.

Always enjoy my visits to the POAU.

Good people; doing a good job.

Some of the nicest people that you’ll ever meet.

Response from Burnley General Hospital

Many thanks for your feedback regarding your recent experience in the Pre-op assessment unit at Burnley General Hospital and thank-you for taking the time to do so.

It is a pleasure to receive such lovely feedback and I will make sure your comments are passed onto the team who will be delighted to hear that your experience was really positive, as we always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.

If you would like to speak with one of our Patient Experience team so that we can understand what made this such a positive experience we would really value this, so that we can try to make it like this for every patient visiting our hospitals.

You can either contact me (Helen Ritchie) on 01254 734471 or email me on Helen.ritchie@elht.nhs.uk .

If you would like to share your experience in confidence with an independent organisation please contact Healthwatch BwD on 01254 504985 or info@healthwatchblackburnwithdarwen.co.uk

Many thanks again for commenting and best wishes.

Helen Ritchie