"kind, caring and compassionate."

About: West Cornwall Hospital (Penzance)

I have just undergone Laparoscopic Anterior Fundoplication Surgery at West Cornwall Hospital. Although I can't imagine anyone enjoying surgery, the whole experience was made as pleasant as possible by the surgeon and team. The total absence of the stuffy formality that use to be part of the hospital experience, some what explains the reason for this. From the moment you arrive you are made to feel welcome with a level of care and attention that makes you relaxed and confident in their professionalism.

The surgery itself left me feeling mildly uncomfortable for about 24 hours, nothing like the pain I was expecting. If you are scheduled to undergo Upper GI surgery at West Cornwall Hospital, the experience of myself and my fellow patients on that day will hopefully make you feel more relaxed. This is the NHS at its best and hopefully a model that is being applied to other NHS hospitals. Thanks Grace and all the other GI staff who made this relatively painless!

Response from West Cornwall Hospital (Penzance)

Wow, what wonderful feedback!

The team at West Cornwall Hospital do work hard to provide outstanding care and they will be delighted to read your comments.