"Simply the best"

About: Leighton Hospital

I have received care from 4 hospitals for complicated eye conditions over the last three years This has left me with very little vision in one eye and understandable anxiety facing the prospect of surgery to the other eye .

The staff at Leighton Eye Care Centre are far and away the best I have encountered providing superb care , compassion and patience putting me at ease throughout . All the staff have been most professional and thorough , appreciating their cramped and crowded working environment I feel for their untiring efforts to guide visually impaired patients .

I will always be grateful for all that has been done regardless of outcome and unreservedly recommend the unit including the Treatment Centre to anyone in these circumstances .

Response from Leighton Hospital

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments on NHS Choices regarding the care given to you whilst a patient in the Eye Care Centre and Treatment Centre.

Staff are delighted to hear when patients feel that they have been well looked after. We will make sure that your feedback is given to the staff and hope you are making a good recovery. Matron Helen Nutkins