"Student Nurse Placement"

About: South West London And St George's Mental Health NHS Trust / Inpatient mental health care

(as a student nurse),

I would like to share my opinions regarding my latest placement. All the staff members are friendly, motivated and always approachable. I felt comfortable and confident when I worked at my placement.

The multi disciplinary team is very helpful and supportive and they treated me as a part of the team valued my opinions also involved me in the making of decisions involving patient care.

The only thing I would like to improve is that the number of staff need to be increased due to the requirements of the ward. I feel confident in myself providing care. This placement has enhanced my knowledge will be helpful in my future development.

Response from Claire Reid, Senior Patient Experience Co-Ordinator, Patient Experience Team, South West London and St George's Mental Health NHS Trust

Dear Student 4563,

My name is Claire and I am the administrator for the Patient Experience Team for the Trust. Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us and I am pleased to hear that you found our staff friendly, motivated and always approachable and that you were treated as part of the team.

I was concerned to hear about the staffing pressures and have passed these onto my colleagues so that they can respond to these in more detail.

Kind Regards,