"Praise for NHS staff"

About: Tameside General Hospital / Accident and emergency

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

This story has been posted by Healthwatch Tameside on behalf of a member of the public. We have their details and will forward any comments to them, as they do not have an email address. They said…

I am 85 years old and following a blood test at home I was admitted to hospital by ambulance as I had dangerously low levels of haemoglobin. From the ambulance I went into Resus where I had lots of tests and a chest x-ray. All the staff explained what was happening and were very kind.

By 11am I was settled in a bed on the Acute Medical Unit and was there for a week whilst I received 6 pints of blood. Everyone, consultants, cleaners, nurses, were very kind – nothing was too much trouble. I couldn’t get to the toilets but every time I needed the toilet they very promptly brought a commode. The food was lovely with lots of choice.

All in all the staff and the experience were excellent.

Response from Helen Howard, Head of Patient Experience, Tameside and Glossop Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust

Many thanks for you lovely comments. I will ensure all the teams involved receive your positive feedback.