"An excellent service"

About: University Hospital Of North Tees

I recently had a discectomy and stabilisation operation under my donsultants and I cannot recommend them highly enough.

One consultant and their team were all extremely professional, yet friendly and took the time to make sure I understood and was happy with the procedure.

Even while in the operating theatre, they all took the time to make me feel at ease and I had total confidence in them all.

The operation was completed nearly 4 months ago and since then I have been totally pain free, take no medication and have full mobilisation without any restrictions.

I understand the other consultant actually performed the procedure, and every professional who has seen the scar has expressed their amazement at how neat and clean the scar is.

As a parent of a 6 year old child, this has given me back a fantastic quality of life.

I cannot thank them enough.

Response from University Hospital Of North Tees

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment on NHS Choices. We're pleased you have made a good recovery. We will pass your comments on to the team who took care of you.