"Totally disorganized"

About: City Hospital campus

My GP arranged for me to have an endoscopy and was referred to NUH. Following the referral I was past from one department after another. After three months at my request my GP followed up what was happening and seemed to get the ball rolling again.

Then the chaos started. Appointments constantly altered. My appointments were swapped between departments. No information what so ever as to the examination to be carried out, they didn’t even tell me where the clinic was located. Enquiries to a direct line resulted in either voice mail or my call being diverted to the wrong hospital.

I’ve had an endoscopy before at the QMC Circle clinic, no delays, no problems what so ever.

NUH is totally disorganized, the only bit that seems to work efficiently is privately owned.

Someone needs to realize the anguish and disruption their inefficiency causes.

The reason for my referral has been sorted out by my GP at Victoria Health Centre by altering my medication.

They have my sincerest thanks.

Response from Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

Thanks for feeding back about your experience. I’m so sorry that you experienced such difficulty with your appointments and had problems contacting the department. This certainly isn’t the experience we want for our patients. If you’d wish to discuss this further (so that we can make improvements for future patients) you can contact me directly by emailing Victoria.loffreda@nuh.nhs.uk.

Kind regards,

Victoria Loffreda,

Matron, Digestive Diseases and Thoracics.

Response from City Hospital campus

Kind regards,

Victoria Loffreda,

Matron, Digestive Diseases and Thoracics.