"Shocking..."

About: Hillingdon Hospital

Such a shocking place - this is my 2nd baby and it's just as bad as it was with my first - which is why I decided to have a home birth.both times - unfortunately both times have gone wrong. Dirty, struggling to get any information from anyone - just sat in a corner and forgotten about. When I leave here I will not be coming back to deliver my baby. I can't tell you how uncomfortable I have been here - discraceful that I pay my taxes and this is what I have to deal with. In my ward one toilet has no soap, one no running water and the third one doesn't flush properly!

Response from Hillingdon Hospital

Thank you Hayley, for taking the time to post your comments. I can only apologise that you found the facilities in such a poor state. All toilet facilities on the wards are routinely cleaned twice a day, but obviously if there is a problem identified with them, this should be rectified with minimal delay.

I am extremely sorry that you were made to feel uncomfortable and felt that you had been ‘sat in a corner and forgotten about’. I should be very grateful if you would contact me and we could discuss this further, to enable me to improve the delivery of our service. I can be contacted via hospital switchboard 01895 238282 and bleeped as maternity matron

Sarah-Bell-Ryan - Matron