"Thankyou for everything IRIS team"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust / Mental Health Services for Older People – Inpatient

As the daughter of an elderly dementia patent I have to write this from her point as Mum doesn’t remember anything that the IRIS team did for her – heart-breaking really.

I live 150 miles away from Mum and had been waiting for months for a social service care assessment, as soon as the IRIS team were alerted to mums needs after a fall and being seen at kinds kill, they immediately provided care to make sure mum was looking after herself. It was great to know that someone was popping in daily to see mum as I was unable to. This took some pressure off me as her carer. As medication issues arose it was great to get advice on how to overcome these and know that someone was there to make sure meds were taken completely. The team members I met were always very supportive of both of us. Mum enjoyed their company even though the short visits were of too much for her to remember.

Thank you for everything. Only wish it didn’t have to end

Response from Claire Watson, Assistant Practitioner, Mansfield and Ashfield Intensive Recovery Intervention Service, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Thank you for taking the time to leave such kind feedback about our team (Mansfield and Ashfield IRIS). I will ensure that all of the team are made aware. It is really appreciated.

We are glad that we have been able to provide you with the advice and support that you needed, which helped to reduce the pressure involved with supporting your Mum.

Unfortunately, as a short term assessment service, we are not allowed to continue to support long term.

Best wishes