"An Extremely Disturbing Experience and..."

About: Heartlands Hospital

I chose Princess of Wales Women's Unit at Heartlands Hospital as this was the closest hospital near me.

I feel I was ill informed by midwives there and I was treated very inhumanely.

I was in terrible pain and I was ignored by midwives who thought that as I was a first time mum, I didn't know what I was talking about.

I rang the bell 3 times and I was not taken seriously. Due to this I could not receive the pain relief options that should have been made available to me. The midwives treated me very badly, leaving me stressed. Due to this I had to stay in hospital because I had a fast heartbeat, high blood pressure and high temperature.

I have very bad memories of the way I was treated. Terrible!

Dear Anonymous

I am very sorry that you feel you were ill-informed and treated inhumanely.

I am concerned about this and would like the opportunity to discuss this with you further to obtain more information. This will enable me to identify you on our system and I can then ensure that your issues are looked into appropriately.

I can be contacted on 0121 424 0808 or by email: marie.helebert@heartofengland.nhs.uk

I look forward to hearing from you at your convenience.

Marie Helebert

Response from Heartlands Hospital

Dear Anonymous thank you for providing your feedback about your experience at Princess of Wales Maternity Unit at Heartlands Hospital.

I am very sorry that you feel you were ill-informed and treated inhumanely.

I look forward to hearing from you at your convenience.

Marie Helebert