"Oncology Department"

My 89 yr old father was taken to the Oncology Department in May 2015 for his appointment to see an Oncologist regarding his escalating prostate count.

Whilst he was there he mentioned having a hard inflamed lump on his breast.

The Oncologist glanced at it and indicated very strongly that it was undoubtedly related to the cancer and that the prostate cancer he had was an aggressive cancer.

Naturally, my father, myself (his daughter) and the rest of the family were all devastated.

However, some months later after we had moved my father to a nursing home in Wales, my sister took him to a new GP who said it looked like a sebaceous cyst.

They referred him to another oncologist who confirmed this diagnosis.

At this time my father who is now 90 and being very well looked after in a nursing home is doing extremely well and is better than has been for many years!

I sincerely hope this Oncologist will be extremely careful with future diagnosis.

Response from Clacton Hospital

We are sorry to hear about your experience at the Oncology clinic in Clacton Hospital.

Whilst Anglian Community Enterprise are responsible for the wards and MIU we do not run the Oncology this service is managed by Colchester Hospital University Foundation Trust (CHUFT).

If you wish to discuss your concerns with someone please contact them on:

CHUFT PALS - 01206 746448 CHUFT Complaints - 01206 745962