"First-rate experience"

About: Peterborough City Hospital

I have just had a very positive experience of Peterborough city hospital and I would like to say well done to everybody.

On Tuesday I was seen by an orthopaedic registrar and urgent scan was arranged (the ultrasonographer delayed their lunch in order to do my scan). I was given the results within an hour and sent home. The same evening the registrar rang me with information as to what we needed to do. The next day I received a phone call from the hospital arranging my admission for Friday.

I was seen and had surgery on Friday. Over the weekend I was seen personally by a consultant orthopaedic surgeon on each of the days, as was every other patient on the ward.

The thing that really bowled me over about the hospital however was the lovely and helpful attitude of every member of staff that I met. From the security guard who guided me when I looked lost looking for ultrasound scanning, to the secretarial member of staff on their way into work who took me to the day ward (I have no sense of direction!)

So well done PCH. And thank you

Response from Lesley Crosby, Deputy Chief Nurse, Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to provide such lovely comments. I wish you well for the future

Response from Peterborough City Hospital