"Urgent Care"

About: Burnley General Hospital

I visited urgent care following a fall. I was very impressed with the new facilities and with the care I received.

The nurse who dealt with me was thorough and caring and put me at my ease throughout. I was diagnosed with a fractured vertebrae and was transported to by ambulance to Blackburn. I am very grateful for the care I received.

Response from Burnley General Hospital

Many thanks for your feedback on your recent visit to the Emergency Department at Royal Blackburn Hospital and thank-you for taking the time to do so.

I am sorry for the difficulties you experienced whilst in the department and I will make sure your comments are passed on to the relevant team.

If you would like to talk to one of our Patient Experience team so we can discuss your experience, we would really value this so that we can try to improve things for every patient visiting our hospitals and services. You can either contact me (Helen Ritchie) on 01254 734471 or email me on Helen.ritchie@elht.nhs.uk .

Or if you prefer you can discuss further any concerns you may have about our services with our East Lancashire Hospitals Trust Customer Relations team on 01254 733700 or complaints@elht.nhs.uk who can advise you of your options in raising these concerns further.

If you would like to share your experience in confidence with an independent organisation please contact Healthwatch BwD on 01254 504985 or info@healthwatchblackburnwithdarwen.co.uk

Many thanks again for commenting.

Helen Ritchie Senior Patient Experience Facilitator