"Knee operation"

About: Pilgrim Hospital

I recently spent some time in Pilgrim Hospital following a total knee replacement.

You hear a lot of negative stories of peoples NHS experiences including in the past, Pilgrim.

I can only say that my experience here was totally positive from the pre-op appointment which was very professional and well organised through to the operation and after care.

The treatment that I received in Ward 3A was second to none and all staff and Dr's were extremely caring and friendly, a big thank you to all involved.

My only negative comment would be that my husband was not allowed to stay with me during the anesthetists decision regarding what type of unaesthetic I could have.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Rita,

I would like to thank you for taking time to share your experiences with us, it means a lot to us as a team to have such great feedback.

I will ensure all the staff have a copy of this, thank you

Jo Allbones

Sister - Ward 3A

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Mrs Snelling,

Thank you for taking your time to thank the staff on Ward 3A who cared for you following your operation. We are constantly striving to ensure we provide a gold standard service to our community, we are delighted that your experience was positive at a worrying time.

Both myself and the Ward Leader will ensure that your comments are shared with the team.

We wish you a speedy recovery!

Kindest Regards