"Dreadful Doctor"

About: Queen Elizabeth I I Hospital (Welwyn Garden City)

I know we can all have 'off days' and I have tried to make myself believe that this doctor was having one. But the fact still remains that they were rude and arrogant to the point where they reduced my wife to tears. This doctor mumbled throughout the consultation and when my wife asked questions, they belittled her and let her believe that her condition was incurable.

When they asked my wife her symptoms I tried to add one that she had missed off the list. I was immediately told to shut up as they were not interested in what I had to say. Only 'the patient'. I still don't know if they took account of that symptom?

This has left my wife saying that there is no way she will go back to see this doctor again.

And I don't blame her.

Such a shame that our experience of this lovely new hospital is going to be tainted by the attitude of one doctor.

Response from Queen Elizabeth I I Hospital

You are abolsutely right to be upset by this behviour, which is completely contrary to one of the Trust's core values - we put our patients first.

We know that this may be difficult, but we need to follow this up and discuss what happened with the doctor in question as no matter what the circumstances, no patient - or their loved ones - should be treated in a way that does not demonstrate respect and courtesy.

If you are willing to do so, please get in touch with us at generalenquiries.enh-tr@nhs.net so that we can arrange for this to happen.