"Ultrasound"

About: Fairfield General Hospital

I recently had an ultrasound scan of my neck. The nurse was extremely helpful (really fantastic); however, the consultant treated me like an object. I was brought into have the scan late and then was left in an uncomfortable position on a bed (a pillow in my middle of my back with my back arched for over 20 minutes) while I waited. When the consultant arrived they didn’t greet me, didn't apologize for being late, didn't communicate with me, scanned my neck and then walked out. They didn’t let me know that they had finished and didn’t realize that they had left until I asked the nurse (I couldn’t see that they had left because I was flat on my back and they didn’t tell me that they had walked out). The nurse was extremely professional and didn’t criticize the consultant, however, it was clear that they were embarrassed by both their late appearance and their rude behavior.

Response from Fairfield General Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. We apologise that on this occasion we did not meet your needs.

We strive at all times to deliver the highest possible standard of care. We will use your comments to make improvements and forward your comments to the relevant area.

Regards