"retreat or treat?"

I have been very critical of my son''s treatment in this facility. I have read all I can about the site and was rather shocked to find the facility described on several Web sites as a "retreat". This explains a great deal about why I considered treatment ineffectual. There really wasn't any treatment offered, other than medication. I accept that my son is more than difficult, but that is part of his condition. As a "retreat" I may have been harsh in my criticism, as the facilities are great. As a treatment centre it is ineffectual, and some of the £46+ million pounds would have been better spent on proper inpatient treatment.

Response from The Redwoods Centre

The Trust is sorry to hear about your concerns.

As a Trust it is our aim to ensure each ward delivers a service that meets the needs of individual service user’s care.

Our wards have a daily activities programme and individual personal programme that is patient centred, wards also hold daily morning meetings where service users can express their needs or raise any concerns that they may have.

In conjunction with this, the Trust has a lead service user involvement representative and wards have a carers lead that visits weekly.

As part of the Trust’s model of living our values, we have a service such as Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) and Shropshire Independent Advocacy Service (SIAS) that any patient or relative can access.

Information is published on each ward.