"Excellent Care of my Mother"

About: Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Glasgow / General surgery

would like to praise the staff of ward 8a where my mother was admitted to and stayed till her death for two weeks, she had terminal cancer, she passed away last week.

the care my mother received was excellent throughout and the staff were so accomodating to us the family as well .....also making sure we were informed and updated about mums condition at all times....

so this is a big thank you for the care and dedication from all the staff who made a sad time for us as a family that bit more bearable knowing she had been looked after so well ....thank you

Dear anthogan,

I am so sorry about the passing of your mother, and my condolences go to you and the rest of your family. I know this will be an extremely difficult time for you at the moment, which makes it even more touching that you have taken the time to send such kind words about the staff who looked after your mother. It is clear that this provided a great comfort and support at such a difficult time and is a model of how all families should be involved when their loved one is in our care.

I will pass on your comments to the team on Ward 8A, and thank you again for getting in touch. My thoughts are with you at this time.

Best Wishes,