"Serious concerns over my care"

About: Milton Keynes Hospital

I gave birth to my son in March 2015 and felt that the attention I was given was very poor. I was moved to the maternity ward from labour ward due to not being dilated enough, even though my contractions were coming very fast. I was ignored for 2 hours and it was only when I told my husband to get someone that they checked on me. I had at this point managed to push my waters out in tack. I was rushed to the labour ward where I had my son 15 minutes later. My notes stated that I had retained placenta with my daughter and yet I was discharged without any further checks, even though the my had stated they were tatty (i.e incomplete). I was re-admitted the following week with an infection and the remaining placenta hanging out of me! Really glad I won't be having any more children as I wouldn't want to go back to MK maternity.

Response from Milton Keynes Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are very sorry that your experience of our hospital was not a positive one. We would like to look into your concerns further to find out what happened. Could you please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on PALS@mkhospital.nhs.uk or call 01908 660033. Thank you.