"Extremely efficient service received at A&E"

About: Fairfield General Hospital

Suffering chest pains, on Wednesday, 16th September 2015, I was taken by ambulance to Fairfield Hospital. My wife accompanied me in our car. At the hospital I was met by attentive staff who immediately met me and made me feel at ease.

I was assigned a room and an operative came and checked various factors including my blood pressure and took some blood samples. They kept me and my wife informed of their intentions at every stage and their expertise was soon revealed to be at a very high level. At no time was I made to feel the slightest discomfort while they performed their duties with consummate skill and with the utmost efficiency.

Being impressed by everything about this person as they conducted their work, I established that their job role was entitled "HCA".

I would be particularly grateful if they were advised of the acclaim expressed herein as their conduct was a quintessential example of NHS service at its best. I also noticed how clean the Accident and Emergency work area appeared.

Sincerely, Peter and Helen

Response from Fairfield General Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments we strive to achieve a high standard of care for all patients in line with Trust Values. We will pass your comments onto the Department/ward.

Grateful Thanks