"A truly impressive experience"

About: Kingston Hospital

I had my 3rd baby this August. My first 2 children were born in East London and both experiences were, I now realise, not what giving birth has to be like.

The midwife lead team at Kingston Hospital gave me a birth that I didn't imagine was possible. The midwives kept my partner and I completely informed from the moment we arrived at triage, right through the birth, after and throughout the discharge process.

As a result, I felt in control and that what I wanted and needed was respected by the two midwives who helped me through labour and the delivery of my daughter. They empowered me and gave me a confidence that was previously lacking entirely from my birth experiences.

This is a brilliant unit, run by a caring and capable team of midwives to whom we will be eternally grateful.

Furthermore, the midwives and staff we have met since having our daughter were equally a pleasure to deal with. We have felt confident about and cared for by all. Thank you all so much.

Response from Kingston Hospital

Thank you for your feedback, really glad to hear you had a good experience in the Maternity Unit. I will pass your comments onto the team.