"Dad was admitted while we were on hols!"

About: Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital (Wonford)

My dad was admitted after having a stroke while we were on holiday, staying at devon cliffs holiday park. The ambulance was very quick getting to our caravan, after being checked over we went to the hospital, arriving at a & e, the staff were very prompt in getting my dad in for a head scan and all the other tests he had to have done, they made me feel comfortable too and relaxed which always helps in these circumstances. It's bad enough when your at home, but on holiday in strange surroundings is always worst. The stroke nurse was amazing with my dad and myself. Dad had a check up with his own doctor when we got home and he's doing well, needs no speech therapy as that's almost bk to normal so all good. I would like to say a massive thank you to all that helped my dad while he was in hospital for the one nite, everyone on cyst ward and all in a & e that helped him. Thank you Jane his daughter who was with him throughout .

Response from Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital (Wonford)

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your father's admission at the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital. I am delighted to hear that you are so happy with the care he received.

I would like to thank you very much for your positive feedback. Kind comments such as yours are always gratefully received.

Response from Peter Brain, Volunteer, Healthwatch Devon

Dear 'Anonymous'

The comments and responses on the web-site of Patient Opinion are shared with us at Healthwatch.

Thank you for responding to this reassuring treatment, given the distress of the event.

At Healthwatch we are building a picture of the provision of services in Devon and these comments should help the NHS and other providers develop and improve their services.

If you wish to discuss this or any health or social care issue with us in confidence, including seeking advice or information about services, please call 0800 520 0640, or email info@healthwatchdevon.co.uk or go on-line to www.healthwatchdevon.co.uk.

Yours sincerely

Peter Brain
Volunteer

Healthwatch Devon is the consumer champion for Health and Social Care in Devon.