"My care in infectious diseases"

About: Monklands District General Hospital / Communicable Diseases

I was sent to ward 2 from the emergency department this year and was a patient for about 8 weeks, I was over the moon with the care I received, the staff who work there are very approachable and thoughtful towards my feelings and the other 3 patients in my room.

At one point during my stay I was incontinent and very unwell and moved to to a single room and the staff were again thoughtful towards my feelings even though it was an embarrassing situation they made me feel at ease, my family felt the staff were doing a tremendous job looking after me.

I couldn't have asked for better care, the staff were always very busy but still managed to attend to all my needs, this kind of care should be noticed rather than all the bad stories you hear, thank you ward 2.

Response from Ruth Thompson, Chief of Nursing Services, Monklands Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Mags53

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience of care in ward 2. You have certainly been in hospital for a long time and I hope you are recovering well.

The nursing staff appreciate how difficult it is for both patients, and their families, to be in hospital and work tirelessly to ensure all needs are met. I'm sure SCN McManus and the team will be delighted with your kind comments.

kindest regards