"Overall, a very pleasant experience due to the care from all staff"

About: Wishaw General Hospital / Endoscopy

After a nervous, sleepless night worrying about the endoscopy procedure I had to face I needn't have worried. All the staff from reception to recovery nurse were fantastic. They took their time to explain everything that was going to happen, and constantly reassured me, even asking if I had any objections at a male being present. Although I was really worried about going through the procedure without sedation my mind was quickly put at ease. Overall, a very pleasant experience due to the care from all staff, in a lovely clean environment, even taking time to reassure you after the procedure, explaining everything that did happen, showing diagrams to help you understand.

Response from Maureen Dobbin, Senior Nurse, Surgical & Critical Care, Wishaw General Hospital

Dear Joanniemac,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your comments. I am delighted to hear that you had such a positive experience within our endoscopy unit and that the staff were able to allay any fears and anxieties that you may have had. I will share your comments with Senior Charge Nurse McLelland and her staff as it is always a boost to staff to receive positive feedback.

Best Wishes