"Excellent Service from a small hospital."

About: Buxton Hospital

Had a nasty fall whilst walking in the peaks last week. 4 x-rays showed that I had broken both bones in my lower right leg. The staff were friendly, reassuring and efficient. Temporary cast fitted...appointment to attend Chesterfield Royal Fracture Clinic arranged for next day. All notes and X-rays were at Chesterfield when I arrived. Contact made with my local hospital to arrange follow up treatment when I got back home. Pretty impressive for a cottage hospital. My thanks to all the staff involved.

Response from Buxton Hospital

Thank you Mr Brown for taking time to feedback on line about our service.

We are delighted that you found our care to be so good, and that what was a distressing event, was moderated by our staff's care and concern. We aspire to provide the best service possible at every point along the way. We hope you continue an excellent recovery period, to which our team's early interventions will have contributed.

We really do value your feedback, and will share with all the staff so they know they have got it right!

Best wishes

Melissa Dalton, Matron /Clinical Lead, MIU/Urgent Care Service, Derbyshire Community Health Care Services NHS Foundation Trust