"Outpatients is a shambles"

About: Royal Orthopaedic Hospital

Departments don't work together, rude secretaries and ridiculously long waiting lists. Had a terrible experience here and as soon as it was identified my problem couldn't be solved surgically they weren't interested.

Can see no improvement since the last care quality commission report findings on outpatients.

Response from Sally Xerri-Brooks, Head of Communications, Communications, Royal Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think about your recent experience with us. I'm very sorry that you were disappointed with what happened in Outpatients. As you have clearly gathered, this is an area that we are working hard to improve, with actions that are already reducing waiting times and a new, more efficient check-in system planned.

I would really like to be able to look into what happened to you, and how we can provide a better service next time. If you have a moment, please do send a confidential email to roh-tr.pals@nhs.net or telephone 0121 685 4128 so we can find out what happened.

With very best wishes