"A&E visit"

About: Northampton General Hospital (Acute)

Had cause to be referred with a quinsy (rare complication of tonsillitis). Presented myself at A&E at 8am on Saturday morning. Was seen within 10 minutes by two lovely HCAs who did all my vitals. Didn't have to wait long to see the ENT doctor who confirmed the diagnosis and explained clearly the course of action. Was given anitbiotics and painkillers by 9am. After aspiration of the abscess, I was allowed home by 11.45am. Thoroughly impressed with the efficiency, friendliness and capability of every member of staff I encountered. I was treated with dignity, respect, good humour and professional courtesy throught my treatment. Cannot recommend the A&E department highly enough.

Response from Head of Patient Experience & Engagement, Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust

Thank you so much for posting such a fantastic review of A&E and for taking the time to share your feedback. I will ensure this reaches the service to be shared with our committed, dedicated and hard working staff within the department. I also hope you are now on the road to recovery! Kindest wishes.