"Gynaecolog Phlebotomy"

About: St Mary's Hospital (London)

First visit to St Marys very apprehensive of giving blood due to the amount of vials taken and the fact I am a fainter and hard to bleed.

Explained this to the phlebotomist who requested I wait until their colleague came back who was more experienced and as a precaution due to my fainting. I was happy to do this in the circumstances and very much appreciated the honesty and common sense of a nurse who put my needs first.

I cannot fault both members of staff who successfully took 11 vials of blood without any stops or me fainting. I was calm and engaged the entire time, almost unaware at points I was being bled. I can honestly say it was the best experience I have had having blood taken in a long while. Wish I could remember their names to print but attendance was 25.08.2015.

Hope this gets to the right people.

Response from St Mary's Hospital

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust would like to thank you for your feedback and are glad you were happy with the care provided by the phlebotomist at St Mary's hospital.

Your comments have been passed onto senior managers and will be forwarded to the correct members of staff.

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.