"wonderful occupational therapist"

About: Lanarkshire Community Services / Occupational Therapy Wishaw General Hospital / Rheumatology

I went to see the Occupational Therapist for advice about managing my rheumatoid arthritis. The therapist called Jenna was wonderful and gave me lots of information and helpful hints. She was very generous with her time, she managed to move things around to give me two slots which I really appreciated.

As a result this week I have managed to put her advice into practice and it has made loads of difference. A big thank you to Jenna I had waited 8 months for the appointment and it was so helpful.

Response from Janice McClymont, Occupational Therapy Head of Profession, Occupational Therapy Services, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Open486,

I am sorry that you had to wait 8 months for your appointment with occupational therapy, and would be happy to review this for you if you would like to get in touch with me directly. It is important to the Rheumatology OT team that people are able to access early advice and information to enable them to retain the highlest level of independence possible, and I welcome your feedback in relation to your waiting time.

I am delighted that you had such a positive experience with Jenna, and that she was able to adjust her schedule to give you more time for your consultation. I will ensure that Jenna receives your positive feedback and is aware of how this helped you.

It is great to hear that you have been able to make some changes since receiving Jenna's advice and that this is making a difference to you. I wish you continued progress with your your new techniques.

Best Wishes