"Excellent A&E service"

About: Kettering General Hospital

I was playing a ladies cricket match away from home (Nottingham) at Wellingborough and suffered a hyperextension of my fingers of the right hand and split skin between two fingers. Although the injury was relatively minor, one finger looked possibly broken/dislocated and a hospital trip was advised. A spectator give me a lift to Kettering and I expected to have a long wait and not be very high up in the priority order so told him to go, but he stayed and good job too as I was seen, x-rayed, assessed and glued/dressed within less than an hour in the John Radcliffe clinic. I got back to Wellingborough in time to see the end of the match!!

I think that it is an excellent idea to clear through minor injuries quickly without the need to wait and see a doctor. I'm sure at Nottingham, minor injuries are placed in the same pipeline as major injuries and just get pushed lower down the order and a long wait is the norm (this may have changed now - I'm not sure, maybe things are better).

Thanks again to Kettering A&E

Response from Kettering General Hospital

I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on our service at Kettering General Hospital. We feel that the separate minor injuries/GP service works well for the community we serve. I will share your feedback with the staff involved who I know will be very pleased to receive it.

I hope that you are now feeling much better.

Sandra Iwanoff