"outpatients appointment"

About: Central Middlesex Hospital

i got to my appointment 10 minutes early.After the initial tests were done I was kept waing for 2 hours thereafter. The nurse said it could be a further hour or so. Luckily the consultant heard me talking to the nurse to question why it was taking so long and said that I would be next. However the nurse was still saying that I should come back after an hour.

I, along with other patients were angry that no one informed us that it was running late until we asked.I couldn't understand why everything was running so late as my appt. was at 9.40.

Response from Central Middlesex Hospital

Thank you for providing your feedback about your recent appointment at the Rheumatology clinic at Central Middlesex Hospital.

I was very sorry to learn that you were kept waiting in clinic for so long and that the delays were not communicated to you and yoru fellow patients.

Please be assured that your feedback will be passed on to the management team for the Rheumatology service so that any future delays in clinic can be better managed and appropriately communicated.

Thank you once again for taking the time to let us know of your experience.

Patient Relations Team