"A&E Visit Thursday 10th September"

About: Lincoln County Hospital

I was taken by ambulance to the County hospital A&E Dept last Thursday morning, and wish to express my thanks to the two Para Medics who came to my home, for their care and attention.

When we arrived at A&E I was taken straight into a cubicle and after a short while was seen by a Nurse Practitioner. I am 80yrs of age, was in a lot of pain and in A&E for the first time ever, but this member of staff put me at my ease and treated me with the utmost kindness and respect. After examining me the Nurse Practitioner wanted some blood tests and X-Ray's done, whilst awaiting the results of these they organised some refreshments for me and my husband, it was then about 1.30pm and when asked I said we had not had any food or drink since 7am. (Best cup of tea ever)

We were also seen by two members of AIR who were very helpful and informative, regarding the various aids that could be available to us, and even collected my medication for me from the Pharmacy.

I said before that this was my first ever visit to an A&E Dept., (for myself) and I was a little apprehensive, but was soon put at ease by all the friendly caring staff. My thanks go especially to the Nurse Practitioner.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Ruth,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent A&E visit, the staff will be pleased to read the positive comments and how grateful you were for a cup of tea!

I will pass this on to the AIR team so they are also included.

Karen Hansord – A&E Sister