"ward 26"

About: Leicester General Hospital

My mum has recently been on ward 26 and i have never felt so worried in my life.

The staff i spoke to were offhand and rude, they left her without medication even after i had told them she had not had any medicine since early in the morning

I was then told her medication was not written down and after me explaining myself 6 times i ended up going to the other ward she was on and collecting it and giving it her myself.

The whole ward is run with red tape, people are not robots, why should my mother who is vulnerable be without medicine and ignored because they deem to only medicines when it suits the staff.

The whole ward is badly run and i found myself checking all of the time to make sure she was ok.

Very stressful and i never want her in that place again. 0/10

Response from Leicester General Hospital

Dear Reviewer,

We are very sorry to hear about you and your mum’s experience at the Leicester General Hospital. It is never acceptable to be rude and we expect our staff to provide the highest level of customer care to all of our patients. If you would like us to look into this matter further please contact Jane.Baker@uhl-tr.nhs.uk.

Kind regards,