"Podiatry in Bromley"

About: Bromley Healthcare / Podiatry

I am a diabetic. I filled in the self referral form and got a letter saying ' you have been added to a waiting list'. There is no indication of how long that wait might be, my foot could fall off in the meantime.

I called them as I am currently in pain, when I did actually get to speak to someone - 11 goes, I was told very brusquely 'you just have to wait like everyone else'. I really wasn't intending to try and queue jump, just get some indication of when the service I am legally entitled to might be delivered.

Response from Amanda Mayo, Head of Integrated Care - Bromley ICN, Operations Directorate, Bromley Healthcare

I am sorry that you have had this experience with our Podiarty service.

I would be very grateful if you could email me on amanda.mayo@bromleyhealthcare-cic.nhs.uk with your name, date of birth and contact details and I will ensure someone contacts you to give you more information about any potential wait you may have.

Once again I am very sorry for your experience to date.

Amanda

Following this posting we have spoken to the author. Unfortunately he is experiencing a wait at the clinic that has the longest wait of all the podiatry clinics we offer.

Bromley Healthcare has offered an earlier appointment at an alternative clinic however this, at this time, is not convenient.

I hope this concern is now resolved. We recognise that the waits for podiatry are longer than we would wish and are working hard to resolve this issue.

Amanda