"teenage mental health"

About: Leeds General Infirmary

I am very suprised that you do not have a teen mental health ward. my daughter has been admitted through a&e around six times for self harm suicide attempts egt and with cases like this you seem to not know what to do. I'm not saying that all the nurses are bad my daughter clicked with one very well, its that she was in a&e for more than 4 hours at a time after receiving treatment and also was put on wards with babies that were very ill. she was also only put on suicide watch once, she did not get any treatment for pain or being sick. overall she was worse when she came home

Response from Leeds Teaching Hospitals

Dear Anonymous,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us regarding your experience with Leeds General Infirmary; I am very saddened to read that this was not a positive experience for yourself.

I have tried to investigate these matters as best as I can for you, however due to the lack of patient identifiable information I have been unsuccessful. Therefore, I would ask that you contact the trusts Patient, Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) so that we can discuss these matters further with yourself so that I can pass this to the appropriate management for them to investigate further.

You can contact PALS on 0113 206 6261 or alternatively you can email them at Patientexperience.leedsth@nhs.net

With kind regards

Rosie

Senior Nurse

Patient Experience

Response from Leeds General Infirmary

Dear Anonymous,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us regarding your experience with Leeds General Infirmary; I am very saddened to read that this was not a positive experience for you and your daughter.

I have tried to investigate these matters as best as I can for you, however due to the lack of patient identifiable l information I have been unsuccessful. Therefore, I would ask that you contact the trusts Patient, Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) so that we can discuss these matters further with yourself so that I can pass this to the appropriate management for them to investigate further.

With kind regards