About: Cheltenham General Hospital

Emergency department and Acute Care Ward were brilliant. Supportive, rapid and efficient in care giving. On Woodmancote Ward I was left for 40 mins after pressing buzzer for nurse.

Only got attention because I got up and hobbled to nurses station where conversation unrelated to current care of any patient was going on. Asked about very late dose of antibiotics. Nurses belligerent and unhelpful. Treated me like I was an idiot. If I could walk out now, I would, unfortunately seriousness of medical condition prevents it. Have very little faith in the staff in whose hands my life now rests.

Response from Cheltenham General Hospital

Hi there,

We're concerned to hear this. If you don't feel comfortable talking to the ward staff about the issues you've been experiencing, perhaps it would be helpful to talk to our patient liaison (PALS) team who can speak to the staff on your behalf and help resolve any concerns? You can contact them on 0800 019 3282 (Free phone) or by emailing pals.gloucestershirehospitals@glos.nhs.uk Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Best wishes The team at Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust