"Award winning IBD Care"

About: Royal Alexandra Hospital / General Surgery

I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitus and took very ill this year in May. I was in hospital for 6 weeks receiving treatment and then in the end had to have the operation to remove part of the bowel. I can't thank the team enough that looked after me. Particularly Seth and Alan, the two IBD Nurses I cannot praise and thank for their support, help and care my whole time I was in the hospital and since. You could not meet nicer people who are experts in their field. Couldn't have been more helpful. My consultant, Ms Lamont, lovely lady and in the end my Surgeon Ms Mouge. Not only a a great support to me in my time of need but also my parents. I was scared and not at my best to say the least! Thank you to all of you for helping me get on this positive road I'm on today. A special thanks to Claire the stoma Nurse. If I could nominate you all for an award I would. thankyou.

What could be improved? the machines bleeping all night.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experiences in the Royal Alexandra Hospital, and in particular with your comments about the team who looked after you, especially Seth and Alan. I have had similar comments about both Seth and Alan before, so it is clear they are doing a fantastic job of ensuring their patients feel well taken care of. The fact that you have named so many of the staff shows the impact they have made, and I am sure they will be delighted with your kind comments.

I hope that you are now on the road to recovery after such a long period, and would like to thank you again for making the effort to get in touch.

With best wishes,