"Children's Resource Centre"

About: Trafford General Hospital

On behalf of my wife, myself and our daughter. I would just like to say a great big thank you to all the staff in the Children's Resource centre at Trafford General Hospital. Our daughter was admitted as a day case patient to have grommets inserted today 11th September. From the moment we arrived early this morning the staff from receptionist to nursing were friendly, approachable, open and honest with every stage of our daughters care and treatment. Surgeons often get all the credit however the nursing staff were fantastic and deserve worthwhile praise and recognition for their hard work and caring attitude. I'd also like to add some positive comments about the children's department in comparison to the tired state of other parts of the hospital. What a lovely facility to have for the children, clean, quiet and plenty of activities to keep them occupied! Once again a very big thank you for our daughters care today.

Response from Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your comments posted on the NHS Choices and Patient Opinion websites regarding your daughter’s care at Trafford General Hospital. It was very kind of you to write and compliment the service, as it is good to receive positive feedback that reflects the hard work and dedication of our staff. It was reassuring to hear that you found all our staff members to be friendly, approachable and caring, and that you felt you were kept well informed throughout your daughter’s care.

We were also happy that you were very pleased with the environment and the facilities provided within the children’s department, and that your overall experience has been a positive one. I can assure you that we have passed on your positive comments to the staff involved.

The Patient Experience Team