"Horrendous example of an NHS Hospital"

About: Princess Alexandra Hospital (Harlow)

My elderly grand mother has been in and out of PAH eight times in the past few months.

Each time due to a fall, yet the A&E Doctors continue to carry out the same process each and every time, despite the fact that her records clearly show the repetitiveness.

I pleaded with an A&E Doctor to read my grand mother's previous mediacl history in order to evaluate the situation (my grand mother clearly suffers from dementia, yet no one will assess her).

The Doctor claimed that it was not their department to do anything and admitted her to a ward where they have lost her medication.

This medication is for a cataract operation and is vital to prevent infection.

I have visited my grand mother in various wards (Penn, Harold, Winter and most recently Lister) all of which are a discrace to the NHS.

She has been placed on over-flowing bed pans in great discomfort.

Only when I asked the nurese for a wheelchair so that I could take her home so that she could be in comfort did they bother to see that she was ok.

I could write for days about how awful this experience is and continues to be ongoing with no help in sight.

I would rather stay at home and suffer than have to be a patient at this hell-hole.

Response from Princess Alexandra Hospital

Dear Anonymous,

It is very distressing to read about your experience. Penn, Harold, Lister and Winter wards are all areas where we strive our utmost to provide high quality care which involves the patient and their families. We have clearly failed you and need to understand better exactly what has happened.

I would urge you to make contact with our Patient Experience Team on 01279 82 70 84 to help us help you. I would not want a member of my family to experience the service you describe and so it is not acceptable to me that you or any one of your family should go through anything like this.