"Orthopaedic appointments a joke"

About: Princess Royal Hospital (Haywards Heath)

I had my hip revision surgery at princess royal on 8th June 2015. The ward was clean and staff were good. However none of my questions were answered , I was told they would be answered when I saw my consultant at my follow up appointment. I had to fight with outpatient appointments to get a follow-up appointment , when I attended my appointment it was with a locum who had no idea why I was there.And told me that my consultant would answer them in six months time at my next appointment. I have been suffering with pain and discomfort and 14 weeks on cannot walk properly. I do now have an appointment on the 22nd and hope I will get answers from my consultant. I feel very let down and unsupported.

Response from Princess Royal Hospital

Dear Val,

Whilst I am pleased to see that there were a number of positives related to your inpatient stay at the Princess Royal, I am very sorry to see that you have had so many difficulties since your surgery.

I will ensure that this is passed back to the orthopaedic management team.

I do hope that all goes well on the 22nd but if you require any support at all after this, please do not hesitate to contact us here in the Pals Team on 01273 448678 or pals@bsuh.nhs.uk.

With best wishes for a swift recovery,

Andrew Harvey